TEMPERATURE-SENSITIVE ITEMS? NO PROBLEM
Climate controlled storage units are a type of storage unit kept within a consistent temperature range. Rain or shine, winter or summer, these storage units are either heated or cooled when necessary. Got a question about climate controlled storage? We’ve got answers.
What Temperature Are Climate Controlled Units Kept At?
At Prime Storage, we keep our climate controlled units anywhere between 55 degrees and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Though the temperature may vary within that band, these settings help reduce the likelihood of your unit freezing or heating to triple digits.
What are the Benefits of Climate Controlled Storage?
Climate controlled storage has two main benefits over standard storage. First, climate controlled storage units are more comfortable than standard units, making them less of a hassle to organize or move into or out of.
However, the main benefit of climate controlled storage is its ability to help protect temperature-sensitive belongings. Many items can be kept in a storage unit for weeks or months without risk of damage, but that’s not the case for everything. Some items might melt, warp, crack, splinter, or otherwise be damaged by extreme or rapid changes in temperature.
When Do I Need to Use Climate Controlled Storage?
If you are storing anything that’s temperature-sensitive or valuable—whether it’s of monetary value or sentimental value—you should consider putting it in a climate controlled storage unit for extra protection and ease of mind. Common items include:
- Musical instruments, like guitars, pianos, and violins
- Furniture, primarily wooden or leather materials
- Appliances, electronics, or other things with sensitive mechanisms
- Artwork, antiques, and photographs
- Makeup, pharmaceuticals, toiletries, and the like
Who Can Use Climate Controlled Storage?
Anyone looking for an indoor storage unit can benefit from climate controlled storage (where available)! While this feature is not typically included with our drive-up storage units, climate control is perfect for:
- Businesses in need of a little extra commercial space to store inventory, furniture, and more.
- Homeowners in the middle of a remodel or looking to declutter a crowded attic or basement.
- Theatres that want to store equipment, props, and costumes somewhere that isn’t damp and musty.
- Students who need seasonal storage or the extra room that there is just never enough in a dorm.
- Military personnel who have been relocated cross-country or deployed for several years.
- Anyone sorting through a major life event and needing a place to organize everything in peace.
Rent a Climate Controlled Storage Unit Near You
Prime Storage doesn’t just provide storage—we provide peace of mind, too. Our climate controlled storage units can help protect your delicate belongings. Contact a Prime Storage facility near you today to explore options and rent a storage unit of your own. And if it’s our first time storing, check out our storage tips to help make your move-in as seamless as possible!
Find the Right Unit
for You Today
- 24/7 Online Rentals
- Storage Facilities Nationwide
- Month-to-Month Leasing